Knitting Economist

A blog about knitting in the fast-paced world of international finance. (And how knitting is the only way to survive the fast-paced world of international finance!)

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Canada, here I come!


Well, that's it. We've made the decision to emigrate.

Funny, it's something I've wanted to do for so long, and now I feel a bit weird about leaving. However, the upside - we currently live here:

It's a nice community 30 minutes outside of London, UK. The population of the Greater London area is about 6 million people.





And we're moving to here:

It's the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia, Canada - total population, 150,000 for the region. I think it might be a bit of a change. (For 'bit of a change' read 'Oh My God! I can't believe we're actually doing this!')

In my more sane moments I think it will be great. Let's face it - I hate the commute across London every day. I hate life in the Financial district of London. I'm not too keen on English weather - and certainly Steve feels there's more to life than the job he's doing now. I was kind of voting for Victoria, where my sister lives, but Steve's lifelong dream has been to fly helicopters in the mountains. (He's currently an I.T. manager.)

So - there you have it. We're going to commit economic suicide by selling the house, ditching Steve's job, and going back to school to learn to fly helicopters. (And I foolishly said I had 'more sane moments!)


And how does the Wonder Dog feel about it?


He's not actually that bothered.







Here goes nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home